Mr. Perfect

 


Hello all! Today, I happened to watch an episode in Neeya Naana that was aired a few years ago. The episode is based on how husbands, who act to be too intellectual, treat their household. The husbands impose a lot of restrictions not only on their wives but also on their children. Some even have gone to the extent of restricting their wives from speaking to their parents. 

As the show progressed, it started to become evident that man has an innate stress to appear intellectual before his wife, since, his environment has taught him to be superior to his wife. In order to stay superior, he takes the route of intellectuality. Some men have even failed to recognise their wives' skills and talents.

One of the special guests, writer Oviya, proved it clear that no man is willing to accept a wife who is equal to him in intellect. Even today, there is this problem for parents to let their daughters for higher studies, fearing if they wouldn't get groom for them.

PS: I'm neither a feminist nor a meninist! I am just conveying what I learned from this show today. I would like to quote one of my professors' words on this. Today, the term 'gender orientation' would be more appropriate to mention than 'feminism'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My Gap Year

My Best Friend