My Problems with Reading


Hi people! I love to read, and every time I get to know the title of a new book, an interest arises in me to go and check out the book. But unfortunately, my interest dies down the very instant I begin reading it. For quite sometime, I have been pondering over this one question: what is my problem? I have got some answers finally I guess.

First thing is, I lack two important qualities, which are, focus and language. As far as focus is concerned, I start really well. But at some point, I catch to one point, and get lost into my imaginary world that it leads to and when I come back, I find it difficult to get my focus back. This may be a result of my lack of practice in reading and me getting myself lost too much with TV and mobile. I guess most of us face the same problem.

To put the entire blame on mobile phone is a bit vague. To be more precise, it may be a result of losing ourselves too much to meaningless entertainment, which blunts our brain. While we are being entertained, we think about nothing else, and our brain stays idle and is fed with something to satiate the dopamine spike. When too much of dopamine is spiked, the brain automatocally becomes lousy and that in turn reduces our power to concentrate. There are a lot of other things to keep ourselves away from boredom, which actually involve us working out ourselves both physically and mentally and at the same time give us satisfaction. Of late, I have realized that I have ceased to enjoy even the activities which I loved once. Reading is one amongst them.

The next problem is language. Actually, I happened to be good with my language. But when it comes to reading, my brain tends to detach from it and therefore, this language problem serves as a distraction to disconnect me from reading. Vocabulary would be a more suitable term I guess. But still, I am trying to do my best to improve my reading skills and I hope that once I regain my focus, reading would be an enjoyable experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment