Today's Match

 


Hello people! Y'all know, and for those who don't know, today's match was between CSK and DC. With regard to today's match, I was both disappointed and amused. To begin with the disappointment part, of course, I was disappointed that CSK faced their first defeat in the league. Especially, at moments like Rahane getting out at 45 and a point where Mukesh took back-to-back wickets, I became really down. I didn't get to watch the first few overs, but I heard that the first two wickets were lost for 1 run each. This was not CSK's day after all I guess.

But to be honest, after the 4th wicket fell, I was eagerly waiting for Dhoni's arrival, but he arrived when the 6th wicket fell. At that point, I felt a little silly. I think this was the main point I am going to be discussing about. When Dhoni came, the whole stadiun was filled with cheers of hope. Especially when Khaleel missed his catch, hope was really high that 'Thala' was going to make use of this and unleash his full potential in the oncoming overs.

But everything that waited was disappointment. Even towards the crucial moments, it didn't seem that both Dhoni and Jadeja were looking forward to win this match. Dhoni slammed his very first ball to a four, but that was all. After that, he repeated the feat only in the last over, when 40 runs were required from 6 balls. But I could see that the crowd was cheering incessantly. Even when Dhoni went for a single, cheers went high up. Dhoni finished the match in style, with a 6, and none of the fans were worried about the loss and were happy. On one side, it amused me, as to how could a man generate such a fan following. But on the other hand, it is quite disappointing. Cricket is a team game I suppose. Each of the teammates did their best and I am not able to find what the point was in MSD's last over knock after everywhere it was clear that the match was a lost battle. 

If the audience is willing to let go of the result for one man's show, where are we moving towards as an audience. Isn't it blind fanatism? And, aren't the people's support being misused? Had MSD performed this feat even in the previous over, the match could have been brought under control. But nobody seems to be bothered about that. I think the audience needs to change their approach, since cricket is not all about just slamming sixes and fours, but securing victory for the team. As audience, we need to support a healthy sportsmanship instead of one-man shows. I don't know if I had offended anyone but I feel what I am saying is right. I hope people agree with me👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment