The Theatre Experience


 Most of us like to watch movies, especially in theatres. But only some are really lucky to get the opportunity to watch them in theatres. There may be many constraints viz. money, time, etc. But there is a problem with watching movies in theatres. Some people are not comfortable with the cheer and celebration of the crowd. They wait for OTT release and then watch. Me personally, am a person who opts to watch movies in theatre. 

So I find people citing two reasons to watch movies in theatres. One is, they want to experience the movies in the big screen with the speaker surround system. They feel that this would help them immerse themselves in the world of that particular movie they're watching. On the other hand, there are people who want to celebrate the movie by cheering at the appearance of their favourite characters or clapping at high moments, etc. They want to celebrate what they like, along with other like-minded people to feel a sense of bonding.

I think I belong to the second category. I still remember how I enjoyed the moment in theatre during Avengers: Endgame, when all the Avengers reappeared. But still, I have my criticisms on it. Firstly, just shouting and cheering continuously may work out for some, but may cause discomfort to others. They come for enjoying the movie experience, and people involuntarily end up disturbing them. I've heard once that one's personal liberty shouldn't disturb another's. 

Because what happens when the people express their discomfort is, people who are enjoying not only ignore them, but also go on to abuse them. Celebration is fine, but that being limitless leads to damage to a third party. On many occasions, fans have gone on to damage the theater property. And also, celebrating the movie or the actors is fine, as long as it's only inside the theater. I don't find it right for people to have huge cutouts, garlanding them and bathing them in milk to be appropriate. That is too much exaggeration!


Finally, I would like to say that watching movies in theatres is a highly enjoyable experience and would remain so if, people give people some space and stay within their limits👍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment