The Pleasure of Working

 


Today, it was the intercollegiate event of our Dept. Fest. I learned a lot of things today which I would like to share one-by-one. Firstly, it was the first time that I volunteered for some work. I learned how to observe a place, understand the situation, process it through the mind and then start working. No matter what the work is, I needed to make a go for it and not restrain myself out of fear or insecurity. I needed to find out what other people's work was in order to identify mine. I also realized that I need not appear to work in front of people, but actually work to our best to attain satisfaction.

Before, I was under the impression that it is enough if I work when work is given to me. Today, I understood that it was upto me to volunteer, because people don't give us work but entrust it to us. That means I need to gain their trust, for which the only way is to prove my involvement. 

I also got to know what decision-making is. Sometimes, responsibilities may be given to one under various circumstances, beyond the eligibility criteria. And the people who he/she needs to work with may or may not like him/her, and that could make him/her insecure to instruct them. But, one needs to set these differences aside to get the work done. The same way, our decisions may receive unanimous acceptance or  dislike, but still, one must make sure that he/she does what he/she feels is right. At the end, our peers may not know what we are going through and may criticize or blame us when things go wrong, but still, one must not lose his/her sanity and keep going. These are the things that I could infer from today. I will try to keep in mind atleast some of these and put them into practice for sure. Thank you people and see you until tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment