The Day I Got My Marksheet


Hey guys! Today I got my first semester marksheet. The results were only partly satisfactory to me, but I was relieved overall because the marks were too gracious when compared to my preparation. I am not saying that I didn't prepare, but the point is, I didn't prepare properly. But the first semester exams helped me to realize where I stood and what were the areas I need to concentrate more on.

When I say proper preparation, it doesn't mean that I didn't work hard, but that I hadn't worked smart. I was relying only on the faculty and notes for my preparation, and I realized that I needed to take a look at the prescribed texts. That too, again, I messed up. I failed to realize that this was college and no spoon-feeding should be expected. Funny, I tried to memorize most of the parts, like I did for my school exams. I remembered another incident here. When I tried to convince my dad that I was not much into science, he saw my marks and asked me how I had gotten so much marks if I had not any  inclination towards it. I guess I have the answer now. Because, I was totally dependent on notes and rote-learning. I never took a personal interest in what I studied. 

And as I said in one of my previous blogs, I have this issue of unnecessarily complicating things.  It is like, in an attempt to attain perfection in what I do, believing myself to be a perfectionist,  I just complicate and waste too much time on unwanted things and at the end, there is no time for the necessary activities. To be honest, I was even afraid that I could fail in atleast one of the papers, but by God's grace, I have managed to pass. I take this as a warning sign from God to look into my problems and make myself right. I'll try to do my best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment