Fitness and Me

 Hello people! Today, I happened to watch this episode in Neeya Naana which was based on fitness. On one side, there were wives who were urging their husbands to concentrate on their fitness and on the other side were husbands who were arguing that fitness was not their cup of tea.

In my opinion, when we talk about fitness, I think we need to make sure what fitness really is. Does fitness concur only with the idea of going to the gym regularly and training on 12 kg, 15 kg, etc.? There were meaningful as well as questionable arguments on both sides. But on the most part, the wives were concerned with theit husbands' health issues. 

Me personally, I've previously been under the impression of what use is such a fitness routine of. I've thought before that we're running from pillar to post in life to lead a satisfactory life, and yet, are restricting ourselves in the name of fitness. But it was later that I realized what a satisfactory life is. It's not just doing whatever we please, but looking to our needs by ourselves, without the help of others as along as we live. 

But also, I am not a champion of the idea that one must hit the gym and do weight training to stay fit. What I feel and am trying to incorporate in myself is, as long as I am keeping myself active for the better part of the day, I am fit. But still, I do have the idea to visit the gym and try weights once. But I won't worry if I don't have biceps to flex or a six pack, because I think that alone doesn't mean fitness. 

Then there's also this idea of mental fitness, which most people lack. When people lose mental fitness, which is a sane and stress-free mind, they lose interest in physical fitness. I think maintaining mental fitness is the key to building physical fitness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment