A Failed Hero



 Hi guys! It's quite difficult to find a failed hero right! A popular notion is that a hero is meant to inspire and therefore, he is not allowed lose. He is victorious in some way or the other. Either by breaching of logic or by some divine intervention which is inexplicable. But does it need to be the case every time? I mean, I understand that a hero is there to instill hope, but would only winning instill hope in people. 

Even people around us concentrate only on cheering us and motivating us to face life more, giving us hope that life is more than just one victory whenever we lose. I find that approach more realistic and useful. The two pictures that you saw in the beginning, is that of Dhanush in Captain Miller and Andrew Garfield in Spider-Man: Far From Home. I purposefully chose these two pictures because of the characters. First about Captain Miller. It is a very big film and it has a wider theme, but I wanted to talk about one aspect. That one aspect which all the other movies are mostly about: romantic love. Every hero is destined to win in love, no matter what. It is not often that we get to see a hero who has lost in love. A hero will lose in anything, but not in love. Here, the hero manages to thwart even the mighty British forces, but fails in love. 

In fact, my favourite part with the movie is that, the hero finds his aim and turns into a leader only after losing in love. I am not being pessimistic here, but I've heard one of my favourite directors, known as 'Uriyadi' Vijay Kumar, say that romantic love is overrated in cinema. And I find it true.

Coming to the next one, Andrew Garfield version of Spider-Man, as we all know, failed to save Gwen in his original film. But Far From Home gave him a very satisfying redemption arc when he saved MJ. It's instances like these which actually give hope and inspire people, telling them about second chances and leading them towards greater things in life, rather than leaving them with a narrow-minded approach to life in the name of inspiration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Gap Year

Dad's Chicken Gravy

My ICA Enlightenment